Gather your family and friends around the dinner table for a tasty home-cooked meal! Meal times provide opportunities for conversation as well as nutritious dining. Studies have shown that the more often family meals are served, the higher the intake of fruits, vegetables, grains, and calcium-rich foods. Learning to prepare food at home can also increase self-sufficiency and improve food choices when away from home. So get out those pots and pans and get cooking!
Eating on a Budget
- Eating Well on a Budget
- Cash in with Coupons
- Cook Once, Eat for a Month!
- Cooking for 1 or 2
- Average Cost of Food at Home – USDA
- Healthy Eating on a Budget – USDA
- Shop Smart to Fill Your Cart – USDA
- Shopping Tips – SpendSmart, EatSmart
When are Baked Goods Done?
Source: Food Preparation