2 days ago
And this is what it’s all about!Yesterday, practicing safe social distancing of course, Hello Frontenac and Custom Awards, LLC took a moment to honor one of our communities heroes. Palluccas.
Always ready to help out Frontenac, this most recent virus situation has cast an even brighter light on all the Edward's family does for this town.
Ethan, I'm sorry we couldn't give you a big ceremony, just air hugs in front of the building, but we hope you know how grateful Frontenac is to you and Alyssa.
*Special thanks to Suzy from Custom Awards, LLC for creating and donating this beautiful plaque. This photo does not do it justice. We look forward to life being back to normal so everyone can see it in person!! THANKS SUZ! ... See MoreSee Less
3 days ago
BOIL WATER ADVISORY ISSUED FOR MONTGOMERY COUNTY RURAL WATER DISTRICT #2C B
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has issued a boil water advisory for Montgomery County RWD 2C B (formerly RWD 7) located in Montgomery County.
Customers should observe the following precautions until further notice:
• If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
• Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation or use bottled water.
• Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
• Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
• Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
The advisory took effect on March 27, 2020 and will remain in effect until the conditions that placed the system at risk of bacterial contamination are resolved. KDHE officials issued the advisory because of a loss of pressure. Failure to maintain adequate pressure may result in a loss of chlorine residuals and bacterial contamination.
Regardless of whether the public water supplier or KDHE announced a boil water advisory, only KDHE can issue the rescind order following testing at a certified laboratory. ... See MoreSee Less